Top Ten Tuesday is sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish! This week's post - top ten popular authors I've never read, and why. In no particular order, here's mine.
- Brandon Sanderson: Despite the fact that I’m a self-stated fantasy buff (and boy, do I say that a lot), I still have never read anything by Brandon Sanderson. His Mistborn series is at the top of my fantasy TBR list! I’m excited to get a taste of his writing style when I get towards the end of Jordan’s Wheel of Time…if that ever happens.
- Stephen King: I’m not really a big horror fan, so I never really picked up anything by King. I’ve read The Gunslinger, but that didn’t really intrigue me. But I do know that King is obviously more well known for his horror, so I feel like I should eventually give that a try.
- John Grisham: I actually am a huge fan of law & politics, so you’d think Grisham’s A Time to Kill series would have sucked me in. But nope, I just haven’t really been drawn to read any of his novels.
- James Patterson: Patterson is another incredibly best-selling author I just never had the urge to read. I see the paperbacks on store shelves all the time, but have never picked one up. I haven’t seen any of the movies based on his books either…maybe that would be a good start.
- Nora Roberts: Romance isn’t really my genre. At all. I’m a highly romantic person, but I don’t really get my kicks from reading about it; I prefer that the novels I read are more dramatic, or suspenseful. Sorry, Nora.
- Agatha Christie: Noticing a theme? True crime, suspense, mysteries…all things I love to watch on TV, but don’t really enjoy reading about. Le sigh.
- Tom Clancy: I can’t tell you how many people have told me to read The Hunt for Red October. I’ve even seen the movie. And two people I’ve dated have loved his books…but nope. Still no interest, sorry. Military thrillers bore the hell out of me.
- David Baldacci: I’m noticing a theme among the popular authors I haven’t read…a ton of thrillers. I guess they’re just not really my thing.
- Janet Evanovich: B for Boredom. At least for Janet I’ve picked up a couple of books to skim through, but nothing really caught my eye, sadly.
- Rick Riordan: Because I wanted to end this on a positive note, I’m bookending with another popular author that I actually want to read! Greek myths are very interesting to me, so the Percy Jackson series is probably something I should pick up.
Which authors made your list? Which ones should I reconsider?