Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the amazing Jamie over at The Broke and the Bookish! This week, I share the top ten authors I've only read one book by, but plan on reading more.
- Deborah Harkness: I just finished A Discovery of Witches, and surprisingly loved it. I'm definitely going to continue with this trilogy.
- Jojo Moyes: While she's a fairly well-known author, A Ship of Brides was my first taste of her writing. I loved it, and I'll be looking for more.
- Hazel Woods: I read This Is How I'd Love You recently, and while it seemed more romantic than my taste at first, it was just so moving.
- Rebecca Makkai: The Hundred Year House caught my eye because of it's beautiful cover, but the story drew me in, and I've already purchased The Borrower to read next!
- Kami Garcia: After reading the first in the Beautiful Creatures series and watching the book, I'm intrigued and would love to read more.
- Sandra Gulland: One of the queens of historical fiction, The Shadow Queen not only has a stunning cover, it was also a really well-written and suspenseful tale.
- Ruth Ozeki: With a style a bit like Haruki Murakami, I received a copy of her book A Tale for the Time Being from work and it sucked me in. I'll be looking for more.
- Kat Ross: Some Fine Day was a brilliant debut, and I can't wait to see more from Ross.
- Erin Morgenstern: The Night Circus's brilliant and fantastical writing impressed me.
- Jandy Nelson: After some prodding from my co-worker and Jandy's publicist, I picked up I'll Give You The Sun and it really moved me. GO READ IT GUYS. I have The Sky Is Everywhere lined up on my to-read pile now.
Which authors are on your list?